Saddleback Carpet & Flooring’s 10 Essential Benefits of Wall-to-Wall Carpet
Our Orange County Carpet & Flooring Company has put together a list of 10 benefits of having wall to wall carpet in your home or living space. We know that people love hardwood flooring, as do we, but there are some perfect times and rooms that need carpet.
Below is our list of 10 Benefits of having carpet:
- Appearance: Wall to wall carpets adds to the décor of a space by using color, patterns, and pile heights. The carpet can create the image you want in your home or business.
- Style:With a large assortment of of patterns, cuts, and colors, there are literally thousands of possibilities to “fulfill” the style statement.
- Insulation:Wall to wall carpet can help save energy as it is an important contributor to the insulation of the indoor environment. Additionally, wall to wall carpet insulates floors as it provides a psychological feeling of warmth and comfort.
- Feel:Try curling up in front of the fireplace on a hard surface floor. Carpet feels good, soft, and easier on the feet. It also gives a “softer” feel to the home.
- Acoustics:Several studies find that carpets absorb sound and carpets with padding further enhance this ability.
- Safety:Invariably, slip-and-fall accidents occur on hard surface floors all the time, not carpeted floors.
- Cost savings: According to the IICRC, carpet generally costs less over time than hard surface flooring to purchase, clean, and maintain.
- Health:Did you know that wall to wall carpet traps allergens, dust, and other contaminants, holding them until they can be properly removed.
- Easier to maintain:Wall to wall carpet is less labor intensive to clean and maintain than hard surface flooring and, because of this and as mentioned, can cost less to maintain, as well.
- Sustainable: New technologies have been introduced allowing old carpet to be recycled into new carpet or other products; according to one manufacturer’s study, of 121 million pounds of worn carpet collected, 85 percent was recycled into new carpet, eliminating the need for acquiring raw materials.
For more wall-to-wall carpet tips, cleaning solutions and design ideas make sure to follow our blog at: