Best Flooring Options & Ideas for Kitchens. How do you figure out what the best flooring for kitchens is?
Kitchen Floors have a big job to do, take on spills and stains, and looks great while doing it. The kitchen is the hardest-working room in the house. It’s where your friends and family gather for meals, and anytime you entertain, everyone seems to congregate in this room. You need a flooring that looks good but can handle cooking mishaps, spills, people, and even pets. Only the most durable flooring will do.
Luxury & Resilient Vinyl Flooring
Luxury Vinyl flooring is waterproof and stain-proof, plus it’s a snap to clean up spills and splashes. It comes in a huge array of colors and styles, from plain Jane to embossed vinyl that does a good job mimicking ceramic tile and stone.
Vinyl is resilient flooring, which means it feels slightly soft underfoot. That eases fatigue and makes hours of food prep easier. Also, resilient flooring is forgiving of dropped bowls and glasses.
- Budget-friendly flooring.
- Highly water resistant and some options are even waterproof.
- You can find a wide assortment of colors and styles.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
- It is not eco-friendly.
- Susceptible to scratches or gouges.
Porcelain Tile Flooring
For durability and good looks, porcelain kitchen tile flooring is the champ. It’s an upgrade version of regular ceramic tile because of a manufacturing process that makes it harder and less porous — a good choice for kitchens where spills are likely.
Porcelain tile comes either glazed or unglazed. Glazed tiles come with a glass-like coating that can be made in any color. Unglazed porcelain tiles have the naturally earthy color of the clays used to make them. Some porcelain kitchen flooring tiles are certified to be slip-resistant by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- It is hard and durable.
- Porcelain is extremely stain resistant.
- It is a truly waterproof option.
- Can look like natural stone, yet it is much less expensive.
- It is difficult to stand on for long periods of time.
- It’s easy to slip and fall on.
- Can be a challenge to install.
Natural Stone Tile Flooring
Among flooring materials, none is more elegant and luxurious than natural stone. The term “natural stone” refers to a variety of mountain-born mineral substances that stand in contrast to any synthetic or manufactured stone products. Common natural stone flooring includes slate, marble, limestone, travertine, granite, and sandstone—each of which has slightly different properties. It’s important to understand the characteristics of the type of stone flooring tile you are purchasing in order to determine whether it is appropriate for a specific location
- Gives your kitchen a natural, designer look.
- Stone or tile is an excellent choice for heavy traffic areas.
- Comes in many different options and colors.
- Adds resale value to your home.
- Natural stone is very durable.
- It’s expensive.
- It is heavy and difficult to install.
- Cheaper natural stone tiles are susceptible to damage.
Cork is waterproof and resilient, which makes it a comfortable, moisture-resistant choice for kitchen floors. Cork comes in 12″ x 12″ tiles and 1′ x 3′ planks, each with intriguing grain patterns. Cork has a textured surface that offers some slip resistance, too.
Cork is made from tree bark that grows back, so it’s a sustainable material. It comes prefinished, but needs to be resealed every 3 to 4 years to help prevent scratches and stains.
- It is highly sustainable and eco-friendly.
- Cork has a very moisture-resistant cellular structure.
- It is soft to walk on.
- It is a safe choice because it is slip resistant.
- It must be sealed every three to four years.
- Too much sun can discolor it.
- Heavy furniture can cause indention’s.
Saddleback Carpet & Flooring is here for you through the whole process. Our showroom was designed with you, the customer in mind. We have partnered with several industry leading Brand Name manufacturers that offer the finest & largest selection of Floor Covering. As leaders in the flooring industry we offer cutting edge and advanced products that will meet the need for every consumer and their budget.
Our extremely talented, knowledgeable & Professional Sales Team will provide every customer whether it’s for Home or Business.